Trocaire College offers a wide array of student activities focused on social, cultural, academic, and leadership development. These are great opportunities to be involved in the campus community and to prepare for a successful career. Some events include:
- Welcome Week
- Family Day
- Cultural Heritage Celebrations (ie. Coming Out Day, Latinx Heritage Month, Black History Month)
- International Food Fest*
- Winter Welcome
- Stress Less Week
To stay up to date with everything happening on campus:
- Read the weekly newsletter sent by the Director of Student Engagement, “This Week at Trocaire”
- Join the Trocaire College Student Life Facebook group
- Follow Trocaire College Student Life (@TrocaireStudentLife) on Instagram
- Read the Stall Street Journal at your next restroom stop on campus
- Keep an eye out for the digital screens around campus
- Visit Trocaire’s web calendar
Learn more ways about how to get involved as a student through joining a club, organization, or committee!
Welcome Week at Trocaire College
Welcome to the fall semester! Student Life is excited to welcome back our new and returning Trocairians to a new and exciting school year. During the first week of classes, Student Life will have Welcome Week activities available for all students to participate in. Students who participate in Welcome Week activities on campus must be in compliance with the college for their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Week of August 30 – September 3, 2021
- Welcome Table: Stop by the Welcome Table in the front of campus by Admissions or back of campus near Advisement to pick up your Welcome Bag. Welcome bags include a 2021-22 Trocaire Academic Planner and Map of Campus. While at the table, check out the other resources available to students to be successful this semester! The tables will be open Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Lucky Bamboo & Self-Care, Too: Grow this semester and take care of yourself, just like you take care of this bamboo. Quantities are limited to one per student! First come, first serve. First session – 11 AM in the Choate Commons, Second Session – 4:30 PM in the Choate Commons.
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- What’s Up Wednesday: What’s happening around Trocaire this semester? Find out and get the 4-1-1 on all things happening – from workshops to other activities with Student Life! Stop by the table in the Commons from 12 – 1 PM & 4-5 PM.
Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Involvement Fair: Want to get more involved on campus? From student clubs and organizations to work-study – you can find a way to stay connected and boost your resume! Stop by the Commons from 12-1:30 PM and 4-5:30 PM to learn more!
Friday, September 3, 2021
- First Fridays with Student Life: Welcome Ice Cream Social: You made it through your first week! Stop by the Commons from 12-1 PM and 4-5 PM to grab a cold, sweet treat. Allergy-friendly treat options will be available.
Welcome Week Photo Scavenger Hunt
Join Student Life for a Welcome Week Photo Scavenger Hunt! Starting Monday, August 30 through Sunday, September 5, sign up to participate in the scavenger hunt. Sign up through the link below to receive your game board to participate. Prizes include Trocaire swag, gift cards, and other surprises. Final entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, September 5. Winners will be announced in the September 7th This Week at Trocaire email.
The Student Association (SA) represents the study body and acts as a liaison with college administration. The SA will oversee all Trocaire clubs and organizations and offer opportunities to be involved on campus. The SA encourages student involvement and empowers students to pursue their own interests.
Learn more about Student Association.
The unique size of our college allows students to participate in different clubs and organizations and take on leadership roles if they wish to do so. The benefits of becoming a student leader are tremendous – skills that will last a lifetime. Get Involved!
Learn more on the Clubs and Organizations page.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Trocaire College hosts two commencement ceremonies for its graduates. One in the fall for December graduates, and one in the spring for May and summer session graduates.
More information regarding Commencement can be found on the Commencement Information page.
The Cultural Competency Certificate (C3) program is intended to increase the knowledge, sensitivity and skills in cross-cultural interactions.
Learn more about C3 and sign up today on the Diversity & Inclusion page.
Cultural Competency Certificate
The Leadership Certificate Program is intended help students become change agents by identifying their strengths and leadership style while preparing for leadership roles and responsibilities.
Learn more about the program and sign up today on the Leadership page.
Leadership Certificate Program
We are proud to have all our active duty, veterans and military dependents as students here at Trocaire College. Veteran engagement promotes community among our students who serve and have served in the armed forces.
Learn more about Veteran Engagement.
Welcome to the Trocaire Community!
All students are required to complete the online New Student Orientation prior to registering for courses. They are also able to participate in a New Student Social to meet other students
More details on Orientation can be found on the Orientation page